2.11.2010

peanut butter kiss cookies



I had grand visions of cooking every batch of cookies from scratch, but 3 batches in and I've already resorted to a mix. I kind of blame Ruby though. On the eve of her sixth birthday I handed her a giant illustrated cookie book and told her to pick any kind she wanted and I'd make them for her. She flipped through the pages until she came across the peanut butter cookies with a Reese's Peanut Butter cup in the middle- the very cookies she's had a million times. And that was it. Why pick something new when you can pick something you already love? So despite the fact that I didn't really use a recipe I will include the basics of a peanut butter kiss cookie just because. 


Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Prepare peanut butter cookie recipe (or mix...) of your choice.

Take said cookie dough and form into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.

Cook at time and temperature your recipe requires.

Take cookies out of the oven and smash chocolate candies of your choice onto the warm middle.

Serve to delighted six-year-olds.

My Notes: I usually make these with Dove chocolate squares, but I'm not above the Hersey's Kiss either. But Ruby wanted Reese's Peanut Butter cups, so I got the heart shaped ones. My Dad thought I had taken the time to form individual chocolate hearts out of Hersey's Kisses.

Although a mix isn't the same thing as straight-up homemade cookies, peanut butter is a pain to work with and I kind of like that most mixes don't involve adding actual peanut butter. But I still kind of feel like I cheated on a test.

No comments:

Post a Comment