1.20.2010

classic milk chocolate chip




So this particular recipe is not an heirloom by any means. In fact it was on the back of the package of Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips that just happened to be in the pantry. But in terms of recipes I'll give credit where credit is due. I was born and raised on milk chocolate chip cookies myself, because my Mom isn't a fan of any other chocolate. 


Hershey's Classic Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) Hershey's Classic Milk Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional) [Um, eww.]

1. Heat oven to 375.

2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.

3. Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.


My Notes: I dropped them by tablespoons not teaspoons onto the cookie sheets. Teaspoons just seem so tiny? I feel like I'm more likely to burn them that way. I always feel like cookies never look done enough, MUST resist the urge to cook longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment